ND ACC WINTER Meeting Agenda
January 31, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
Stonecreek Lodge, Missoula, MT
Call to Order: 7:09 p.m.
Welcome/Identification of Members present: Sherri Hale, Dave Hedstrom, John Steitz, Jeremy Ueland, Pete Petry, Bob Petitt, Gina Gassman, Cole Greer, Roger Bay
Approval of Minutes from Fall ACC Meeting – Gina made motion to accept minutes, Bob Petitt 2nd
- Program Status – clubs report on their current overall program status (staffing, funding, etc...)
- Big Sky – numbers good, up a bit, coaches, area working well
- BSF – great. Good snow, permission to water hill this year to get ready for Jackson, numbers are great – 16 older kids, 90 to 100 younger athletes, a lot of girls
- Great Divide – older kids going to graduate – working on YSL – all mountain program full, ready for race – had issue for start, but it is looking good, may have to move start down slightly
- WMRT – terrific from 50 kids to 100 – really young – avg age less than 9 – academy program working 5 – training 6 days a week. Panorama Camps were part of the Academy program
- SRS – numbers consistent 55 – lost a few – gained a few – Master program going well – 30 some – had the two races and fundraising and a college race
- ACC Chair Report – ACC Chair & Divisional Manager
- Western Region Update – selection procedures
- Affiliation Agreement/Task Force Update. It looks like PNSA will not sign the agreement. Lots of issues with the agreement, the agreement is one sided towards USSA.
- Northern Season Report – Skills Quest being the same day of the race did not work well. Discussed various aspects of Skills Quest. A lot of clubs need to be doing Skills Quest. 1 hour to run the boys through, 2 hours for the girls to complete. Moving of Discovery Race due to lack of snow. Big Sky and Whitefish would both like to pick up the race. 4 votes for Big Sky and 1 vote for Whitefish. The race will be held in Big Sky. Earlier in the season, a one day event lost at Red Lodge was made up at Whitefish, where they were able to run two races in one day.
- Coaches & Officials Training Issues. Always needed at the last minute.
- Wax – Missoula should have one case, which is missing.
- U14’s in ND – upgrades for 2nd year after Tri-Divisionals and YSL Champs. Discussed U14’s skiing up with older athletes. Nothing to change this year.
- Discussed attracting some low point skiers to U16 races. There is a line item in the ND budget for this. Big Sky may request some rabbit money from ND.
- Northern Division Manager – Financial Overview & Travel Issues:
- Where we stand currently. Less FIS athletes are traveling. Happening in the entire Western Region, age fluctuation, equipment changes and attrition.
- Reviewed financial statements as of January 2014. 1 more payment due to USSA. All payments have been paid on time to USSA. Performance fund drive has raised $5,300.
- Membership is down slightly. Need to decide if we change membership fees by March 1st. Fees to be left where they are right now.
- National Club Day/Parade discussed. Each team to have a club banner or flag to participate in the parade at Great divide. Use this as a tool to increase membership.
- ND Yearbook. Last year was a YSL Program. This year includes the older athletes.
- Sponsorship-Fundraising Update
- Goals and Tentative Schedule for Spring Meeting 2014
- Date tentatively set for June 6th and 7th.
- Meeting to be held in Bozeman.
- Roger moved to allow Jacques Eve to skip Big Sky SG and stay on selection boards for medical reasons. Seconded by John Steitz. All voted in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 9:36PM.