AK ROCKET Award
Northern Division is proud to announce the second year of the Austin King Memorial Scholarship fund, established in the 2015-2016 ski season, hereafter known affectionately as the “AK - Rocket Award”.
The “AK Rocket Award” supports a dedicated and passionate U14 or 1st year U16 alpine skier (ages 12, 13 & 14) that exhibit a dedication to the sport, determination to skiing improvement, positive interdivision sportsmanship and support of fellow athletes for success.
Interested applicants should possess a strong commitment to the sport of alpine skiing.
The “AK Rocket Award” will be awarded annually, at the final Northern Division ski racing event of the year.
Criteria for the award:
WHEN - Applications can be submitted beginning February 10th and must be completed by March 1st
WHO – Current registered USSA-Northern Division Alpine Athlete.
- The athlete should submit an introduction letter addressing how you demonstrate:
- Dedication to the sport.
- Determination to improving your skiing.
- Positive interdivision sportsmanship and support of fellow athletes for success both on and off the hill.
- Along with:
- Relevant ski racing results.
- Other awards or recognition.
- Scholastic achievements.
- Community service and involvement.
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, coach, friend or mentor.
HOW - Please submit application; via e-mail to the Northern Division Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than March 1st.